The Aquila team has been involved in the nuclear industry for the past 40 years with experience from every licenced nuclear site in the UK.
Our engineers have a deep understanding of specialist disciplines within the nuclear industry including containment, shileded facilities, remote handling and transport systems for radioactive material. Concept through to installation of bespoke systems.
We focus in the following areas and get involved at any delivery stage.
- Feasibility studies and cost options
- Concept design and detail schemes
- Full size mock up for handling/ergonomics trials and human factors assessment
- Budget pricing from concept designs and detail schemes
- Detail design and manufacturing drawings for gloveboxes and the complete process
- Full manufacturing specification including NDT
- Manufacture supply chain and procurement
- Validation of containment integrity using Aquila leak testing equipment
- Full assembly and workshop acceptance tests
- Installation and site acceptance tests
- Life Time Quality Records
- Leak rates to 0.05%
- Full active validation design and selection of dampers, HEPA filters and control system