At Aquila we design, build and install Shielded facilities in concrete-steel or lead, integrating internal containment and processes.
We provide solutions for the complete system including the internal process, all penetrations, shield doors, transfer tunnels and services.
We have over 30 years worth of experience in the design of shielded facilities for the nuclear and nuclear medicines industry.
Our clients engage us at the concept stage which normally includes an assessment of the internal process and selection of the most appropriate equipment and instrumentation. We employ the Aquila Influence diagram to substantiate our decision making. This process equipment often has to be modified or re-engineered for use within the containment suite.
We have the ability to undertake cold handling trials of processes including maintenance challenges within our full scale Multi Functional Cell (MFC) before proceeding into full detail manufacturing drawings.
- Full manufacturing specification including NDT
- Manufacture supply and procurement
- Full assembly and factory acceptance tests (FATS)
- Installation and site acceptance tests (SATS)
- Life Time Quality Records
- Scintillation testing at Aquila’s workshop
- Feasibility studies and cost options
- Engineering substantiation and validation
- Concept design and detail schemes
- Full size mock up for handling/ergonomics trials and human factors assessment
- Budget pricing from concept designs and detail schemes
- Detail design and manufacturing drawings for shielded facilities including the complete process
Application within shielded facilities
- Receipt and export of active material using flasks, shielded vials integrated with bagless transfer systems if high level of containment is required
- Handling and movement of product inside hot cells – manually- remotely or semi remote
- Package handling and active product removal
- Measurement pf product characteristics – mass – size- activity – contents
- Process Systems- Waste handing, size reduction, radioisotope preparation and production- Moly 99 – Tech99-OTHERS
- Repackaging product streams
- Sample preparation for PIE including CULHAM
- Welding and NDT
- Low and High temperature processes
- Chemical processes including synthesis and dispensing for medical isotopes
- Nuclearisation of instrumentation – examples are given below